Friday, February 10

25 up!

Its my birthday tomorrow, this year is going to be the first out of its kind for I will be out with S, not with my parents. I have never been away from my family  for my b'day. Even for the 3 last years I had been alone in Bangalore, I would somehow get off from my work and go back Chennai. Only to find immense happiness. Mom would cook my favorites dishes. Dad would have got a cake the previous night and surprise me. Lil sis does her best in finding the best gift she can get for me (she remembers to get the ones I have wanted to have). She clicks like 100s of pics of mine, satisfying the hard-to-satisfy-person in me for I love getting photographed. We will have cake cutting in the evening when dad is back from work. Though we are only 4 of us, when the cake is being cut - the other 3 of them sign happy b'day in a loud voice followed by claps :) (This has continued for all the 24 years) I would giggle and laugh a lot partly cos of the joy and happiness and then partly for the voices signing the song :D.. S and close pal V have joined us for the 2 last years and I can say nothing has changed except that they are additional gifts from them and 5 voices signing for me :):) 

It would be so different tomorrow. Only me and S. This thought brings me happiness as well worry. I am no longer the kid I used to be to my parents. I need to act all grown up, married and behave accordingly. I am going to miss them loads and they would too. When I spoke to my dad yesterday to tell him that we are going on a vacation for my birthday, I could sense a little sadness in his voice. He would secretly wish me to come home, I know. Life is changed now and we all need to move on. I would always cherish the b'days I had at home. Being said all this, there is excitement in me. I am going out on a vacation!! I would welcome this change happily, to respect the love and affection S shows for me. Initially he had planned it as a surprise. I would pester him with 1000s of questions everyday. He never gave in. I am a  person who hates surprises given to me. I somehow wanted to find out where we're heading to. Some hard clues given - around 400Kms, should go by car/bus etc. I was guessing it to be Ooty (the only possible choice given we can afford only a day off). And come Wednesday, he tells me he has a hard time getting all the bookings done all alone.. :)Haha, as expected. He was afraid he would mess up something and told me the plan. I quickly jumped into action mode - did the tickets booking, hotel reservation and took print-outs too. We are all set to start tonight. :) Its a trip clubbed together for my b'day and first wedding anniversary (on 14th) and I am loving it!

Thinking of my b'day, its hard not to recollect one incident that I remember all the time fresh in my memories. It was my 4th bday I guess. We had a few relatives at home including my atha-mamayagaru (aunt uncle), thathaya-ammuma (grandpa grandma - maternal). They were all all busy preparing for the cake cutting and haarthi in the evening. My sister being 2 years old then thought it was her bday. When I was asked to cut the cake, she started crying she would cut the cake as it was her bday :) (her actual bday is on 27th Jan, when she had cut the cake already) I was no way going to let her do that.. I first cut the cake and quickly, my parents let her also to cut it. I wasn't quite happy except that I was given her chair and she took my old chair and that would be visible from my expressions in the photo. Coming to think of it now, I would happily let her cut my cake for she will always be the apple of my eye. 

Sharing that photo where I look all chicken (for the fear of losing my bday cake) and whats with my mom to dress me up like that :( :( Dont forget to look at the "nethi chutti" and the "poo jada" :P 
From L to R - Amma, Atha, Ammumma, then its me and my sister
One more of my favorite bday pics - Look at my dress, it was gifted by Pinni (Mom's sister). She always dreamt that I would be born as boy and had saved it. But who cares, I do look like a boy below :D
My First Bday :)
So, here's wishing me Happy Birthday in advance!! :)
 

2 comments:

  1. aww...loved seeing the super cute little you :)
    Wish you a very very Happy birthday dear...hope you had a wonderful trip and both of you enjoy loads :)

    ReplyDelete