Wednesday, November 2

Engeyum Eppodhum

I really wasn't planning to watch this movie. There were some scenes which I loved and though it looked like a hooker at the first sight, the after comments of ppl who watched it had put me off. This one dealt with the bus accident and many people dying. Given the fact that I am a frequent traveler, its not so hard to imagine myself in that situation and I hated it!

In spite of all this, I got the movie from one of my friends. There it remained untouched for weeks again. Finally, I sat to watch it on Sunday night with whole of my in-laws family. Everyone had watched it and cried over it. They were ready to watch it one more time for me. It found it really great except for the scenes showing the accident. I mean the details of it. When I said details, the movie captured even the minute details on the accident part, making me so uncomfortable.

Coming to the story - starts with an accident scene and then goes into the lives of 4 different people (the main stars of the movie). I like the way how the the director has taken care in designing 4 entirely different characters. The First Couple - A girl from a small town to Chennai, being suspicious of everything but in need of help and The Guy from Chennai working in SW, lying at the drop of pin but helps readily. The Second Couple - A very timid, soft guy who secretly loves a girl (merely staring at her from distance), definitely a lower hand in the relationship and the Girl who is very authoritative, demanding and straight forward. Both the love stories have been taken through so well and you dont feel bored even for a minute. The first pair roam about Chennai for an entire day signing off finally without even knowing the names. After 6 months, both of them feel the love. hero goes back to Trichy in search of his girl while she comes back to Chennai in bus. The second couple plan to visit the hero's family and take a bus that goes to Chennai. This is the crucial point as Both these buses collide against each other and there is blood everywhere. Who lives through and what happens to the rest is the story!

The director has succeeded in inducing the pain of an accident in every heart that watches it. There is way too much detail on how the accident happens, how so many people lose their lives - some immediately and some on the way. The hero from second pair dies in the hospital. Then, there is the message of organ donation and how speed kills.

I made myself a stone heart trying to watch it just as a movie with out going deep into thoughts. It doesn't help. How much ever I remained numb, I couldn't stop to think into the accident part. We all travel. We go on bike, use public transport. Its so hard to restrain ourselves from thinking into such a situation. The effect of accident is so much from the movie that I am sure every driver watching it would make up his mind to be much more careful and responsible.

I couldn't help but had a tear drop when the movie ended. everyone was expecting I would cry loads, but who am I - tried as much as possible to detach myself and remain rock hard!

Though its painful and has a saddening end, its a must watch for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment