Thursday, January 19

I am feeling HIGH today!!

The past few days have been very gloomy to me. My home seemed like an alien land and kitchen - an unexplored territory. This is the not the first time for me, but I have not prepared lunch for 6 days straight. I was never a sleep lover, but suddenly sleep gained more importance than food. Very Strange. Cooking had been my passion, but whats now thats making me hate it? To take the office cafe food 6 days continuously only made me realize how tasty my food is :) :) S being S wanted me to have additional sleep if thats what my body wished and was faking that his cafe food is great! Pah, who is he kidding?!

This morning I made up my mind and pushed myself to prepare dabbas for us. It wasn't feeling good initially. My bed was calling me back to have a cosy sleep. But I made up my mind already, so went ahead with the preparations. Breakfast was dosa with broad beans kurma. Lunch was simple - Green Peas Pulav with Cauliflower Curry. It took me 40 minutes exactly to finish everything including the strenuous task for finding the right dabbas to pack the food. I was mighty impressed, felt very happy and satisfied. Finally, I could go back to what I enjoyed doing previously - Cooking. I no longer have to wait in long queues in the cafe today to get the alike tasting 3 vegetables, 2 dried rotis, half cooked rice and sour curds. I can have my dabba and this feeling made me feel high :) :)

The first task one does on reaching office is to check mails. I am no exception. What was waiting for me today? A recognition from one of the stakeholders. Goodie Drawer Award as we call it here - for a task thats been completed nearly 2 months back. Now, who would expect an award for a task that was done last year - I thought I dint deserve it that time. But what has to come to you will come if you have worked hard. This is an example but not true always :) I am lucky this time! I was already feeling so high, a smile crossed my lips. Next thing my eye caught up literally gave me a shocked surprise. A mail from my manager read - FYI, I have nominated you for Q4'11 Silent Hero Award. I was staring at it for a good 5 minutes before I could open the contents. How can this be possible? HE is nominating ME..for my contributions to the team in the last quarter. I thought I was living a dream. I am feeling as high as flying on cloud 9,10, 11 etc :D ok ok.. This is just the nomination and the award results will be announced by March or so. Forget the award, I am atleast nominated and I am feeling all motivated... :) The write up he had come up with for the nomination says how much I have worked hard and my management is aware if that. This is what I desire!

No comments:

Post a Comment