Monday, December 5

The Best Person - I call him S... :)

Ever has it been known that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation 
- Some sensible person said this!

Now all this because S has left to Thirunelveli to attend his friend's wedding. Its been 2 days and I am missing him so much - This is the second time after marriage. We are the kind of couple who doesn't look like sharing a lot of chemistry. When we both are together, he usually remains a lot silent and I will be the chatter box. All he gets to say is less than 10 words, we catch up some silly fight and I go on mute. Definitely S tries to convince me to which I get convinced after 3 or 4 attempts from him. I just love to see how naive his method of convincing would be. He is so like that! Exactly within 10 mins of talking, if an argument doesnt arise, then there is something seriously wrong between us! :) Infact, my sis teases us as the silly couple... but thats what we are. 

I go to him with a list of complaints at any given moment - running/stuffed nosed, headache, ear ache, body pain, back pain and the list never ends. He would listen patiently, though not giving me solutions right away. Sometimes all we need is a listener instead of a cranky opinionated person. Same goes with my office stuff too. I would narrate every minute of the day to him almost everyday. Again, he listens patiently and makes appropriate comments when asked :P.. If I had no time for the day, I would make sure I tell him everything from the day I have to share, making him listen upto  2 - 3 hrs. Still no complaints from him. 

He never demands anything. Most of times, I would be unhappy with the food I prepare - but he constantly encourages me - be it oil-less dosa, chapathi, variety rice or sambar! He never comments on anything and eats without a word. Sorry - always compliments me that everything is good. Never hides to praise me in front of others, similarly never insulted or made fun of me. He loves to sleep and urges me to take equal rest though it requires that he should compromise with office food. On somedays, I would be sleeping while he goes office to have breakfast and lunch there. There is no demand at all. Same goes to the home as well. I am not a good home keeper. OK.. There I said it! I do things when I feel like given the time - be it sweeping or mopping or cleaning ( I will just make sure its still dwellable). he doesnt complain - but sweep/mop at times when I cant. I just want to say - he assumes responsibilities as well. I try hard not to end up giving him some house hold work. But it becomes so tough some days and he needs to help me. What I make sure is, I will not have an expectation on him to complete these - these works at home - for that meas its a failure when he cant do some. We just do it when we are available and are Ok to do it - its working fine!! 

I would definitely be not able to come up with something like this if he had not left me alone for that marriage. Sometimes, we need this kind of small separation once in a while to appreciate the person and the relationship much more. Now that I have learnt this, S pls listen and dont go off somewhere leaving me alone!!:)





No comments:

Post a Comment